Monday, October 4, 2010

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Quilt

Finally finished a quilt I started way back before the move and summer of craziness.

I found the MOST adorable fabric at fabric.com (one of my favorite websites) and just had to make something with it.  I decided to do the Cathedral Rag quilt, because I thought the circles sewed into squares with the peeking out colors would be perfect.  The circles are sandwiched with red flannel in the middle.

This is the front, with the rag-side showing:
Photobucket


Here is the back.  I *LOVE* the fact that the caterpillars frame the gorgeous colors.
mobile

And here's a picture with the back and front together, so you can get a feel. 
Photobucket

Wouldn't this make an adorable baby shower present, with a copy of the book?  I'm debating giving it as a gift or selling it.  I'm just not sure.  I kindof need some money to buy this adorable Pokey Little Puppy fabric to make a quilt!  That is my favorite Little Golden Book story EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment