Friday, July 27, 2012

Creamy Ranch Chicken

2012-06-27_13-26-07_255, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Creamy Ranch Chicken

I came up with this recipe after finding a similar idea on Pinterest. But then once I clicked the Pinterest link, the recipe was NOT to the picture. Uh Oh. I had NO idea how it would turn out, and I was having friends over for dinner. Guess they would get to be my guinnea pigs. According to them, it worked! And I loved it too. So, here you go!


Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet dry ranch dressing
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup diced sun dried tomatos
* milk, as needed for consistency

Directions
Spray crock pot with non-stick spray.  Place chicken breasts on bottom so they don't overlap.  Sprinkle ranch dressing.  Mix together soups and cream cheese, pour over chicken.  Cook on low for 4 hours.

Shred chicken, return to crockpot.  Add sun-dried tomatos and milk to get desired consistency.  Cook another 30 minutes. 

Serve over pasta.  (I served it with a side of broccoli, and one of my guests decided that it was great as a topping OVER the broccoli.  And I admit, I enjoyed it that was the next day for lunch).

1 comment:

  1. i am SO going to make this when mr wonderful comes back to town ... yum!!

    ReplyDelete