Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some rain must fall - but there should be limits!

"If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with a little rain."
- Dolly Parton


Normally, I really like the rain.  I love the smell of the air when it's clean.  I love the way it makes everything so lush and green.

And after almost 4 years in the great Pacific Northwest, I *still* like the rain.  However, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. 



Portland Averages
Average June Rainfall: 1.5 inches
Average Yearly Rainfall: 36.5 inches
Record June Rainfall: 4.08

This Year
June Rainfall, by the 9th:  3.47 inches

And yes, we've had more rain since then.  And the sun and warm weather that had originally been predicted for this week - now cooler and more rain.

The chickens are not happy with all the extra mud and are currently roaming free in the grass and old garden spot until we move this week.

We could discuss the metaphor of rain, rainbows, growth, etc.  And really, I don't mind rain. 
I just am ready for the rainbow, and not a flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment