Tuesday, October 5, 2010

V is for Victory: Recipes

I got the coolest present this weekend.  My Father-in-Law gave me this wonderful cookbook that he received from a neighbor.  Since I'm a bit of a history buff (given that is what I studied for my undergrad degree) and WWII is one of my favorite eras, I was very excited to receive this!  I can't wait to dig through the recipes and see what's in there.  Can you imagine some of the cool, old-fashioned, lost recipes I'll find?  I'll be sure to share some of them with you!

Photobucket

Look at that! 1943!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I want one!!!! I love WWII stuff and I heard lots of stories about what was used to make do during it. Both my parents were children in England during the war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And cool, it was compiled by the AAOA, which is the organization I was part of when Joe was in medical school! It's a support organization for spouses of medical students and physicians!

    ReplyDelete