Friday, May 14, 2010

Going Bananas!

It's a Banana Baking THROWDOWN!
Yesterday I mentioned on my Facebook page that I have some bananas that are ripe enough to be made into some type of baked good.  Normally I bake banana bread, but I was looking for something a little different. My good friend, Nelson, at The Breakfast Cook has a weekly cooking challenge, and his upcoming one just happened to be bananas.  He thought it would be fun to challenge me to a baking Throwdown!  Always up for a good challenge, I accepted.  Then remembered that he's a professionally trained chef! 
He and I will each be developing and making a dish (or several) and will have them posted by Wednesday.  On Thursday, YOU guys get to start voting.  And I may even have lots of samples if you need to stop by or something.... (I make no qualms about bribing people to like me with food)

This is going to be a crazy weekend!  I think I might need to stock up on more bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment