Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever


I love big, soft, chewy cookies - so I came up with these!

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

Directions
Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.

In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Slowly add to batter.  Refrigerate for 1 hour (makes the dough easier to handle and bakes more even).
Roll in to large balls and roll in sugar.  Flatten with fork, making the fun criss-cross pattern.  Or, if you have them, use a cookie press.  Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes, until edges are light brown.  Cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheet, then move to wire rack.
Trust me, these are NUMMY!

I like to double my recipes, then freeze half the dough to use later.  When you do this, you can bake up just one batch at a time, so you don't have too many cookies in the house tempting you to eat them all.  And trust me, you'll be tempted! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment